Encouraging integrating biological neural network(e.g. spiking neural network SNN) and Artificial neural network (e.g. MLP, CNN, RNN, etc.) at all levels, including model, coding principles, dynamics and architecture, etc.; Application including, Unmanned vehicle, intelligent monitoring, intelligent robot etc.
Deadline: 28 July 2019
Deadline: 15 Sept. 2019
Deadline: 19–20 October 2019
Participants: full-time undergraduate and graduate students who are registered students at domestic or international universities and research institutes.
Contest form: participants can enter individually or as a team. The participants can form a group (a maximum of three members) to enter the contest. A team leader should be elected.
The contest is divided into two stages, namely the preliminary and final rounds. Participants should use the same topic in both the initial and final phases.
1.Application: If you would like to participate in the contest, you should enroll on the official website and fill in the relevant information as required, including member information, your topics, the abstract of your topic, and so on.
2.Preliminary round: A PowerPoint presentation, technical documents (including the title, field selection, innovations, data sources, results, and verification), source code, demonstration videos, website, or executable application and any other documents should be submitted.
3.Final round: Each team should send its improved PowerPoint presentation, technical documents, and source code. Each group will demonstrate and defend its entry in person at Tsinghua University. A panel will review the final entries. The panel will score the entries in person based on their demonstrations, live presentations, and technical documents.
In accordance with the principles of fairness, impartiality, and openness, the marks are based on the following areas:
1. Novelty (25%)
2. Technical advancement and difficulty (20%)
3. Completeness and reproducibility (20%)
4. Completeness and reproducibility (20%)
5. Application value and significance (10%)
6. Formality of document reporting (10%)
1. Technical document: Please download the “Technical Document Template” in “Resource downloads” to compose the technical document. The submitted document must be in PDF or Word format; if there is a display on the website, a link can be included in the technical document.
2. PowerPoint project presentation: the document is required to be in .ppt or .pptx format.
3. Source code (optional): You may attach some key code and explain your key contributions if necessary.
4. Demonstration video (optional): we encourage each group to make a demonstration video if possible. The video must be in MP4 format and the maximum length is 3 minutes.
5. Apps, exe, jar or other executable programs (optional): you may upload these programs as well as their instruction manuals.
6. It is recommended that all materials be compressed into one file in .zip or .rar format.
Individual file naming:
Except for source code and some documents that are associated with programs, the name of documents must use the following convention: “Registration number - subject title - institute name - content description." This apples to technical documents, PowerPoint presentations, source code, video, and so on. For example: “0001-Automatic obstacle avoidance Robot-Tsinghua University-Technical document” or “0002-Automatic obstacle avoidance Robot-Tsinghua University-Display video”. Here, “Registration number” is the number assigned after registration.
Zip file naming:
Please name the .zip or .rar file using the following format: “Registration number - project title - institute name”. For example, “0001- Automatic obstacle avoidance Robot-Tsinghua University”.
The language of the document can be either Chinese or English.