Tsinghua Holdings Co., Ltd.
Lynxi Technologies Co., Ltd.
IEEE THU Student Branch
The contest uses an open proposition. The theme of your entry should be a general brain-inspired intelligent system. It can be innovative, a market-oriented application, or advanced research breakthrough, including but not limited to: robots, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), intelligent wearable devices, natural language processing systems, human–computer interaction systems, smartphone apps, algorithms, and software. New ideas, innovative algorithms, and novel applications are highly encouraged. Your entry should reflect versatility, practical value, and application potential.
Examples of possible topics
- Brain-inspired perception (small sample, robust, or multimodal)
• Emotional analysis of facial micro-expressions based on images
• Multimodal perception of intelligent unmanned systems
• Perception of dynamic and complex environments
- Brain-inspired cognition (psychology-based, consciousness, knowledge, multitasking, reasoning, and understanding)
• Knowledge-driven Q & A
• Reasoning tasks based on visual senses, auditory senses, or language
• Psychological and consciousness modeling and computing
- Brain-inspired computing (spiking neural networks and neuromorphic circuits)
• Sequence identification systems based on pulse neural networks
• Application designs of neuromorphic hardware based on FPGA
• Simultaneous interpretation of sign language based on spiking neural networks
- Brain-inspired decision-making and reinforcement learning (strong interactions and uncertainty)
• Reasoning and decision making within an environment with uncertainty and incomplete information
• Multiplayer artificial intelligence on simulation game platforms
• Unmanned systems for automatic obstacle avoidance and target tracking
- Educational topics (encouraging innovative applications at all levels and in all aspects of the educational system)
• New educational system design (e.g., educational system design in the intelligence age)
• New educational method design (e.g., teaching methods and techniques for integrating education and entertainment)
• Virtual teachers, students, classrooms, and labs (e.g., virtual personalized teaching technologies)
Project submission and format
Project Submission Requirements:
- Technical document: Please download the “Technical Document Template” in “Resource downloads” to compose the technical document. The submitted document must be in PDF or Word format; if there is a display on the website, a link can be included in the technical document.
- PowerPoint project presentation: the document is required to be in .ppt or .pptx format.
- Source code (optional): You may attach some key code and explain your key contributions if necessary.
- Demonstration video (optional): we encourage each group to make a demonstration video if possible. The video must be in MP4 format and the maximum length is 3 minutes.
- Apps, exe, jar or other executable programs (optional): you may upload these programs as well as their instruction manuals
- It is recommended that all materials be compressed into one file in .zip or .rar format.
File Naming Requirements:
Individual file naming:
Except for source code and some documents that are associated with programs, the name of documents must use the following convention: “Registration number - subject title - institute name - content description." This apples to technical documents, PowerPoint presentations, source code, video, and so on. For example: “0001-Automatic obstacle avoidance Robot-Tsinghua University-Technical document” or “0002-Automatic obstacle avoidance Robot-Tsinghua University-Display video”. Here, “Registration number” is the number assigned after registration.
Zip file naming:
Please name the .zip or .rar file using the following format: “Registration number - project title - institute name”. For example, “0001- Automatic obstacle avoidance Robot-Tsinghua University”.
The language of the document can be either Chinese or English.
Total award amount: RMB 1,000,000
Grand prize: RMB 300,000 for one team
First prize: RMB 100,000 for two teams
Second prize: RMB 60,000 for three teams
Third prize: RMB 30,000 for four teams
Excellence prize: RMB 20,000 for six teams
Second prize for the preliminary round: RMB 5,000 for 16 teams
Participants: full-time undergraduate and graduate students who are registered students at domestic or international universities and research institutes.
Contest form: participants can enter individually or as a team. The participants can form a group (a maximum of three members) to enter the contest. A team leader should be elected.
The contest is divided into two stages, namely the preliminary and final rounds. Participants should use the same topic in both the initial and final phases.
If you would like to participate in the contest, you should enroll on the official website and fill in the relevant information as required, including member information, your topics, the abstract of your topic, and so on.
- Preliminary round
A PowerPoint presentation, technical documents (including the title, field selection, innovations, data sources, results, and verification), source code, demonstration videos, website, or executable application and any other documents should be submitted.
- Final round
Each team should send its improved PowerPoint presentation, technical documents, and source code. Each group will demonstrate and defend its entry in person at Tsinghua University. A panel will review the final entries. The panel will score the entries in person based on their demonstrations, live presentations, and technical documents.
- Entries must be the original work of participating teams or individuals. Participants should fully possess the intellectual property rights of their entries. Behaviors such as plagiarizing or infringements of intellectual property rights are prohibited.
- The attribution of the entries of all participants will be fully respected and protected. The organizer has the right to use the winning entries to promote the contest.
- Products that have been publicly released and have commercial value are not allowed. Any work involved in intellectual property disputes is also not allowed. In addition, products that have been developed in collaboration with specific enterprises and are for commercial release are not allowed.
- For entries that are plagiarized or entries whose authenticity is suspect under reasonable grounds, the contest committee has the right to refuse their participation or withdraw their prizes.
In accordance with the principles of fairness, impartiality, and openness, the marks are based on the following areas: :
- Novelty (25%)
- Technical advancement and difficulty (20%)
- Completeness and reproducibility (20%)
- Live presentation and demonstration (15%)
- Application value and significance (10%)
- Formality of document reporting (10%)
|Online application||23:59, 29 July 2018 (Sunday)||Login to the official website https://contest.cbicr.org/ and fill in the registration information.|
|Entry submission||23:59, 9 Sept. 2018 (Sunday)||Documents (compulsory): slide presentation, technical documentation (title, field selection, innovations, data sources, results, and verification), source code, videos, web pages, application executables, etc.|
|Finals||13–14 October 2018 (Saturday)||Live demonstration in Tsinghua University Documents: slide presentation, technical documents, and source code. A technical panel will vote for the winners.|
Tel: (+86) 010-62787245